Motor Carrier Permit – Complying with regulatory requirements for the transportation industry
We help commercial motor carriers in all US States to get the information, credentials and permits necessary to conduct business in California, and also support non-transportation businesses needing motor carrier permits and education.
A motor carrier permit is issued by the Motor Carrier Services Branch (MCSB) of the DMV as evidence of the registration of the Motor Carrier’s Identification number (CA#) and verifies that all statutory requirements to commercially operate motor vehicles on California’s highways are met. It is required by law according to CVC Section 34620.
Generally, a motor carrier permit is needed for any individual or business entity that transports property in their motor vehicle for compensation (for hire), or operates a commercial vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 10,001 pounds or more, either for business or personal use (private Motor Carrier). Under specific circumstances, however, you are not required to apply for an MCP.
Call our specialists at (760) 752-1072 to find out whether you need a Motor Carrier Permit, or enroll in the Employer Pull Notice Program (EPN).
We will work with you to determine if you need a CA # and a motor carrier permit, as well as B.I.T. requirements.
If you need the permit, we can assist you in obtaining CA#, motor carrier permits and enroll you in BIT and Employer Pull Notice (EPN).
We can answer your questions and assist you with:
- What permits do I need to operate commercial vehicles?
- Do I need a Motor Carrier Permit?
- When do I have to apply for an MCP?
- How do I obtain a Motor Carrier Permit?
- How do I obtain a Carrier Identification number (CA#)?
- Am I required to enroll in B.I.T. (Biennial Inspection of Terminals)?
- How do I enroll in the BIT program?
- Am I required to enroll in the Employer Pull Notice (EPN) program?
- How do I enroll in EPN?
- What are the liability insurance requirements to obtain a permit?
- Do I need to provide proof of Workers Comp as a motor carrier?
- What do I need to do if I add or remove vehicles from my fleet?
- Do I need a new Motor Carrier Permit when I change my business entity?
More Motor Carrier Services
Our Motor Carrier Service division can also assist you with:
- Permanent fleet registration
- Titling/registration of commercial trucks and trailers
- Special mobile equipment plates and identification
- VIN verification services available at your location in San Diego County
- File motor carrier profile with California Highway Patrol for CA #
- Prepare and submit application to DMV for motor carrier permits
- Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (FVHUT) IRS 2290, Schedule 1
- Advice and referrals for US federal operating authority and compliance issues (US DOT and MC, MX)
- Board of Equalization
- Insurance and Performance Bonds
Call us at (760) 752-1072 to speak to us about our Motor Carrier services