Motor Carrier Permit

We assist in obtaining CA#, Motor Carrier Permits and enroll you in BIT and Employer Pull Notice (EPN)

Call our Motor Carrier Specialists at (760) 752-1072

We Can Answer Your Questions And Assist You With:

  • What permits do I need to operate commercial vehicles?
  • Do I need a Motor Carrier Permit?
  • When do I have to apply for a MCP?
  • How do I obtain a Motor Carrier Permit?
  • How do I obtain a Carrier Identification number (CA#)?
  • Am I required to enroll in B.I.T. (Bienneal Inspection of Terminals)?
  • How do I enroll in the BIT program?
  • Am I required to enroll in the Employer Pull Notice (EPN) program?
  • How do I enroll in EPN?
  • What are the liability insurance requirements to obtain a permit?
  • Do I need to provide proof of Workers Comp as a motor carrier?
  • What do I need to do if I add or remove vehicles from my fleet?
  • Do I need a new Motor Carrier Permit when I change my business entity?


We Will Work With You To Determine:

  • If you need a CA # and a Motor Carrier permit as well as B.I.T. requirements.
  • If it is determined you need the permit, we can assist you!

Please Contact Our Motor Carrier Services Division With:

  • Federal employer identification number.
  • Corporation info (date of incorporation, number assigned by Sec of State, full names and titles of all officers)
  • Copy of current fictitious name filing with your county (unless a corp. or LLC)
  • Copies of the vehicle registration for all vehicles used in your business.
  • Your driver’s license or state issued ID card.

!Hablamos Español¡


What Is A Motor Carrier Permit?

A motor carrier permit is issued by the Motor Carrier Services Branch (MCSB) of the DMV as evidence of the registration of the Motor Carrier’s Identification number (CA#) and verifies that all statutory requirements to commercially operate motor vehicles on California’s highways are met. It is required by law according to CVC Section 34620.

Do I Need A Motor Carrier Permit?

Generally, any individual or business entity that transports property in their motor vehicle for compensation (for hire), or operates a commercial vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 10,001 pounds or more, either for business or personal use (private Motor Carrier). Under specific circumstances however, you are not required to apply for a MCP.
Call our specialists at (760) 752-1072 to find out whether or not you need a Motor Carrier Permit, or enroll in the Employer Pull Notice Program (EPN). We can also give you information about other requirement such as liability insurance and Workers’ Compensation, fees, Controlled Substance and Alcohol Testing (CSAT), and assist you in applying for, renewing or regaining a revoked or elapsed permit.